Location: Abu Dhabi
• Formulates and evaluates pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for telecommunication systems within the Refinery, ensuring technical integrity and HSEF requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle.
• Provides technical advice to engineers and users and endorses designs for modification and or requests for engineering support.
• Provides guidance and support to supervisors and technicians in the Telecommunication unit of the Control Department and is the reference point for all technical issues within the Department.
• Reviews and approves engineering codes and standards used in design and development projects and evaluates and approves project strategies prior to presentation to management.
• Participates in the preparation of the EMPD business plan as applicable to telecommunications.
Telecoms equipment to be maintained includes:
• Telephones including PABX, telephone extensions and hotlines.
• Radio including TETRA, radio repeaters, portable and base station equipment and antenna systems.
• Cabling including structured and backbone cables for the network.
• Communication interfaces with PABX networks such as ATM, MPLS and leased lines.
• Fire and gas systems covering all Company installations.
– PA systems
– CCTV systems
• Conducts feasibility studies and provides specialist advice regarding systems applications, utilisation of equipment and the resolution of technical problems.
• Provides technical expertise for the design, engineering, construction and commissioning of telecommunication projects.
• Develops large scale conceptual design options for telecom systems taking relevant factors into consideration.
• Evaluates and endorses modification requests of telecom systems.
• Reviews data and verifies validity and feasibility of modification requests.
• Reviews and endorses recommendations, cost estimates and appropriate technical back-up.
• Reviews and endorses conceptual designs and specifications for approved modifications.
• Leads the investigation of the technical and financial aspects of project work related to telecom systems and equipment involved in general project requirements.
• Uses expertise to challenge current policies and standards and to develop new techniques or approaches to improve operating performance.
• Supports project groups during engineering, construction and commissioning.
• Identifies, defines and solves complex, multi-disciplinary problems.
• Reviews and endorses tender and contract documents related to telecommunication equipment and projects.
• Endorses the selection of equipment including investigation and recommendation of suppliers and tenders analysis.
• Keeps up-to-date with international standards and codes for telecommunication and ensures that Company’s standards are updated.
Training and Development:
• Mentors Section Developees, in accordance with the company’s Emiratisation policy.
• Keeps abreast of advances in relevant technology and practices through discussions with consultants, technical publications and self-development.
• Shares knowledge with Section staff.
• Health Safety Environment and Fire Procedures:
– Knows the Company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Policy, Procedures,
Regulations and Objectives and implements them in the workplace.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• B. Sc in Electronic/Communication Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience in maintenance and development of capital projects related to telecommunication and telemetry systems including 3 years within the oil and gas industry.
• Technical knowledge of refinery production operations and processes.
• Knowledge of telecommunications procedures.
• Ability to read and understand telecommunications schematics and diagrams.
• Able to troubleshoot and repair telecommunication systems.
• Able to report on technical details.
• Knowledge of international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
• Comprehensive understanding of environment, health and safety and other regulatory compliance requirements.
• Able to communicate in English.
• Excellent decision making abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
• Good command of oral and written English.
• Arabic language is preferable.
• Candidate should have maintenance Experience in the following System.
• Telecoms equipment to be maintained includes:
– Telephones including PABX, telephone extensions and hotlines.
– Radio including TETRA, radio repeaters, portable and base station equipment and antenna systems.
At times, organization decisions can affect the hiring speed of the position you applied for. So you need to remain positive and wait patiently for their decision. If you are shortlisted, the employer will update your application status at www.jobsnama.com, or contact you directly to arrange for an interview. Therefore, check your email regularly and make sure your contact details are up-to-date.
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position you are applying for in the subject.